Saturday, 2017-10-21, 12:45 PM
banana juice
Welcome Guest | RSS
Main | Server Problems - Forum | Registration | Login
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » Fallout RP discussion » Server discussion » Server Problems (Seriously, Super Admins and Matt should look at this.)
Server Problems
AngealDate: Sunday, 2013-03-24, 4:28 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Operators
There are quite a few problems on the server right now. But let's focus on the main ones.

(This list is not in order of most important to least, keep in mind ALL of these problems should be fixed immediately.)

First of all, Admins and Super admins; We need more on because obviously just me being on all the time doesn't make people want to play. (and I mean admins that don't just play with the WAC planes and recreate small moments from HL2)

Admins should also be trained, I was made an admin (Out of what I hope was necessity) and got little to no training in what I could do.

Second, Factions; Sure people will apply for them, but when the Brotherhood of Steel and Enclave are ordered to stay in their bunkers, and the leaders themselves don't even play anywhere near as often as the lower ranks and wastelanders...doesn't make the faction run too smoothly. The NCR is always empty since there's nobody on of a high enough rank to take applications. The Crimson Caravan completely dissolved since ToasterKnight doesn't play anymore, neither does any of the other members except for Dominic (HueJass). I've been on Angeal taking care of what I'm supposed to do IC, and I've been taking applications, denying when I don't need anyone else.

Another point to be made here is relativity of factions to time and place, this is a new vegas RP, so the remnants aren't a driving force in the area, they're remnants.

Third, Loot; I can spawn loot here and there but I'm not always on and people are always scavenging. We need to get the auto-drop loot system up, since I know we have one. It worked for a few days but then stopped.

Fourth: Hunger, Hydration and Radiation meters don't work, they've been up for a few days now and my hunger/hydration meters haven't changed in the slightest. I haven't been around the radiated pools so that's not a problem for me but I'm certain that doesn't work either.

Fifth, People who give or withhold support should actually play on the server. It's not enough just to look at someone's knowledge of a faction, but you need to know how well they RP. If you don't play on the server often, don't put your two-cents in.

Sixth, Map change; I've gotten used to the current map, but it's far too barren for much anything of interest to happen. Sure someone get's robbed or something, but aside from that it's just small groups of people wandering doing little to nothing. So I believe a map change is in order.

Finally, Correct models; Crimson Caravan is fine since they're just ordinary people. (Mostly aimed towards NCR) Factions need models that match IC'ly with position and faction. Rangers shouldn't have Quake armor, they should have Desert Ranger armor.

RenegadeDate: Sunday, 2013-03-24, 5:10 PM | Message # 2
SF
Group: Super+
Quote (Angeal)
Finally, Correct models; Crimson Caravan is fine since they're just ordinary people. (Mostly aimed towards NCR) Factions need models that match IC'ly with position and faction. Rangers shouldn't have Quake armor, they should have Desert Ranger armor.

You're welcome to give modelling a shot or just find the models in GMOD workshop or otherwise. I gave porting a shot, but I really had no idea what I was doing with or without the tutorials. Otherwise, the models currently in are the best ones Matt and John D could find.

John_DDate: Sunday, 2013-03-24, 5:55 PM | Message # 3
Good luck, I'm behind 7 proxies!
Quote (Angeal)
Rangers shouldn't have Quake armor, they should have Desert Ranger armor.

I manually set Rangers to the correct armor.

DDRPian, NCDRPian, TTT Owner, FORP Co-owner, Minecraft Co-owner, DarkRP super admin, ZombieRP super admin

Dropped_ElkDate: Sunday, 2013-03-24, 7:03 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
I am working on fixing the NCR model issue but the problem is when i fix it all NCR Characters will be automatically deleted. As for my staff it doesn't help that we have admins who already belong 3 other servers. i will open staff applications when i get home, and the RAD/Hunger/thirst they do increase in decrease. The hunger bar decreases at a VERY slow rate same for your thirst metre, and the RAD bar it works i just haven't made any radioactive areas.

Owner of [LtB] Serious Fallout RP

TheJeffDate: Sunday, 2013-03-24, 7:40 PM | Message # 5
Private
Group: Users
The NCR models don't matter, we're talking about GUN models. FOOD models. ITEM models. ANY models. And we need Super Admins for the fallout server ONLY. This really isn't getting through to you, Is it?

http://i.imgur.com/66FU6XQ.gif

WombatDate: Sunday, 2013-03-24, 10:07 PM | Message # 6
Private
A super needs to give Angeal the necessary flags to spawn shit. Like, 'fo realz.

AngealDate: Sunday, 2013-03-24, 10:43 PM | Message # 7
Private
Group: Operators
I could care less if I get flags to spawn ragdolls or other objects, I just want the server to thrive. Which is why I made this list.

About the models, I just used the NCR as an example, actual weapons and other items from fallout would be great.

The players on the NCR which is very few that actually play, can get their stuff back.

Admins from other servers are alright, but please have super admins be more active on the server, or else get some new ones that will play on the server.

KalithDate: Sunday, 2013-03-24, 11:01 PM | Message # 8
Private
I strongly agree on more active admins, I can say that the only admin I saw active on a daily basis everyday and often spending their time on the server is Angeal, this server is going to die with only one person holding it up. This may sound silly coming from the person that just got involved, but I've seen this stuff happen before, and the activity of the staff is one of the driving points of it. If the staff for this server is occupied with other servers too much, perhaps it would indeed be a good idea to recruit some more people who actively spend their time on this server and could organize events to make it better.

TheJeffDate: Sunday, 2013-03-24, 11:05 PM | Message # 9
Private
Quote (Kalith)
I strongly agree on more active admins, I can say that the only admin I saw active on a daily basis everyday and often spending their time on the server is Angeal, this server is going to die with only one person holding it up. This may sound silly coming from the person that just got involved, but I've seen this stuff happen before, and the activity of the staff is one of the driving points of it. If the staff for this server is occupied with other servers too much, perhaps it would indeed be a good idea to recruit some more people who actively spend their time on this server and could organize events to make it better.

THIS! The most active members are Kalith, Wombat, Me, Angeal, and Master Chief. 

I was already offered a position as an OP, but at the time I turned it down. These people are the most active, they know how to RP, they know the lore, they're good people, maybe you should think about them.

RenegadeDate: Monday, 2013-03-25, 0:32 AM | Message # 10
SF
Quote (TheJeff)
The NCR models don't matter, we're talking about GUN models. FOOD models. ITEM models. ANY models. And we need Super Admins for the fallout server ONLY. This really isn't getting through to you, Is it?

If you're so hellbent on models find them yourself or make them and give them to me, I will make sure they get into the server in a timely manner. On supers for the server ONLY, a current op or admin on FORP needs to show his worth or begin ascending the ranks. You don't just receive super because its needed, you earn it. A few months ago I started playing LtB's TTT. It was early in the month, however, after a week or so I had become an operator. I began giving John D map download links and the text files required to make them run, soon I was an admin. I continued to do so and administrated very well. By the start of the next month, I had become co-owner of the server and still am. Do you understand what I'm getting at? I didn't bitch about things I didn't like. I put in the time and effort for the betterment of the server. If you want your FORP only super or if you want to be a FORP super admin step it up and start doing something for the server.

TheJeffDate: Monday, 2013-03-25, 0:40 AM | Message # 11
Private
Quote (Renegade)
If you're so hellbent on models find them yourself or make them and give them to me, I will make sure they get into the server in a timely manner. On supers for the server ONLY, a current op or admin on FORP needs to show his worth or begin ascending the ranks. You don't just receive super because its needed, you earn it. A few months ago I started playing LtB's TTT. It was early in the month, however, after a week or so I had become an operator. I began giving John D map download links and the text files required to make them run, soon I was an admin. I continued to do so and administrated very well. By the start of the next month, I had become co-owner of the server and still am. Do you understand what I'm getting at? I didn't bitch about things I didn't like. I put in the time and effort for the betterment of the server. If you want your FORP only super or if you want to be a FORP super admin step it up and start doing something for the server.

This is exactly the problem with the server.

John_DDate: Monday, 2013-03-25, 0:51 AM | Message # 12
Good luck, I'm behind 7 proxies!
Quote (Renegade)

This. This. A million times this.

DDRPian, NCDRPian, TTT Owner, FORP Co-owner, Minecraft Co-owner, DarkRP super admin, ZombieRP super admin

TheJeffDate: Monday, 2013-03-25, 1:01 AM | Message # 13
Private
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105984257&searchtext=gm_atomic

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128505925&searchtext=fallout

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=128448450&searchtext=fallout

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=110955497&searchtext=fallout

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=133401340&searchtext=fallout

Dropped_ElkDate: Monday, 2013-03-25, 9:18 AM | Message # 14
Lieutenant colonel
Quote (Dropped_Elk)
i will open staff applications when i get home

This starts today as i am promoting new Super admin's and bringing on new admins.
Also adding in fallout weapons would require heavy scripting which as i have said 300 times in the past "I AM WORKING ON IT" Lua codeing is a long trial and Error process it will take time for kme to be able to get them to co-operate with the server. And as always i thank you all for your feed back on the server. over the next few days myself and John D will be implementing LARGE changes to the server.

Owner of [LtB] Serious Fallout RP

circuitbawxDate: Monday, 2013-03-25, 3:07 PM | Message # 15
Lieutenant colonel
SALT

Owner |LtB| 24/7 Minecraft Survival
Mapper |LtB| DarkRP
Server IP: ltbmc.mcph.co:25602
Version: Bukkit 1.5.1 (BETA)

former ponyfag
no bs

Forum » Fallout RP discussion » Server discussion » Server Problems (Seriously, Super Admins and Matt should look at this.)
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright LtB © 2017 Free web hostinguCoz